ASCD Annual Conference
March 15-17, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Connect with Rubicon at the Conference
Click here to find us on the exhibit floor!
- Meet us at our booth # 1422 in the West Hall – Exhibit Show!
- Learn more about Atlas, our PD opportunities, or ask us any burning curriculum questions you might have.
- You can also catch us at LEAD 21: Upgrading Curriculum and Embracing the New Literacies as well as Revolutionizing Strategies Conversations for School Leaders pre-conferences.
- Set up a time to meet to walk through Atlas, talk about your process or make adjustments to your curriculum templates
Meet Our Team!
Soraya Stelle brings years of international experience in teaching, intercultural communication and client service to Rubicon’s professional development process and client engagements. Soraya’s passion for working with diverse populations and her multi-cultural background allow her to play a lead role in the planning and development of curriculum project initiatives across the USA, the Pacific Region, Africa and Western Europe. She has designed, implemented and facilitated training programs with a focus on individual and team professional development, as well as consulting with schools and districts on leading a change process.
Jan Burreson has held executive level positions for over 25 years of her career. She has led major reorganization efforts for universities, including the development of strategic vision, missions and five-year plans for implementation. Ms. Burreson has worked with educational leaders in numerous efforts to link educational and training efforts to business and industry needs. She is a frequent speaker at national conferences on key educational developments.
Aliza Wilson integrates her background in languages and business to insure the best possible results for client’s mapping initiatives. Ms. Wilson graduated from the University of Oregon. As an English, French and Spanish speaker, she leverages her extensive communication skills and passion for different cultures to assist both her colleagues and clients.
Brock Storfa brings diverse corporate and educational experience to the Rubicon team. Mr. Storfa’s breadth of technical knowledge ranges from system design to data mining and analysis. He has applied his marketing and project management skills to launch an online community and has led complex teams in adverse conditions. With Rubicon, Mr. Storfa has functioned in a number of capacities and currently operates as part of the Atlas development team. He received his MBA from Willamette University.
Parfait Bassale has developed youth empowerment workshops, taught master courses in social liberation at a college level, partnered with non-governmental organizations such as REAP, Minds Matter and has worked with the United Nations in various capacities. A native of west Africa, his passion for youth empowerment, conflict prevention and technology have been key influences throughout his career. Mr. Bassale’s academic training in information systems and database management has positioned him as a key player on Rubicon’s Atlas system deployment team.
Megan Davenport earned a B.S. in Business Management and a B.A. in Sociology from the University of Montana, Missoula. As a Teach For America corps member, she spent two years teaching second grade at a low income school in the Phoenix, AZ area. During that time, she also completed a M.Ed. in Elementary Education from Arizona State University. She leverages her experience and passion for business, sociology, and education to assist both her colleagues and clients.
Stephanie Van Raden
As part of the professional development team, Stephanie Van Raden applies her customer service skills, teaching background, and logistical expertise to ensure that Rubicon’s webinars, workshops, and the Atlas Educational Center accommodate educators from around the world. She supports all Rubicon clients and partners by coordinating learning opportunities both here in Portland, OR and around the world. In addition to earning a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Health: Physical Therapy and a Master’s degree in Teaching, Science Education, Stephanie taught High School science in Hillsboro, Oregon before joining the Rubicon team.
Summer Li graduated from Oregon State University with a BS degree in Marketing and Finance and a Master’s degree in Business Administration. Summer lived in Shanghai, China until moving to the states at age 16. During her college career, Summer served as a student leader in multiple functions within Student Affairs/Higher-education, such as Admissions, Housing and Judicial Affairs. Coming from a family of educators, Summer truly understands the meaning behind “education change lives”.
For more information on the conference visit the ASCD Conference website.
- December 2, 2014 – Discover Where your School is with Standards and Assessments
- December 3, 2014 – Implementing the Common Core - Theory into Practice
- December 4, 2014 – Utilizing MAISA Curriculum Units in Atlas
- December 8, 2014 – Five Atlas Reports to Support Your Quality Review
- December 9, 2014 – Utilizing MAISA Curriculum Units in Atlas
- December 10, 2014 – System Admin Overview
- December 11, 2014 – New Features in Atlas for Teachers!
- December 17, 2014 – Creating a Continuous Curriculum Improvement Cycle with Julie Dietrich
- December 17, 2014 – Utilizing MAISA Curriculum Units in Atlas
- January 8, 2015 – New Features in Atlas for Teachers!
- January 13, 2015 – New Features in Atlas for Teachers!
- January 14, 2015 – Considerations for Designing Systemic NGSS Curriculum